Walter Lord said that “… ships had gotten too big for Captain Smith.” The celebrated Titanic author said that Captain Smith wandered away in a daze after the disaster, and described Captain Smith as indecisive.
One blogger on wordpress wrote such a tirade on Captain Smith it hurt my eyes just reading it.
For 100 years Captain Smith has been maligned. Now you will discover the rest of Captain Smith’s story, and you will discover why so many have gotten Captain Smith wrong.
The evidence has been right in front of our eyes for 100 years. It needed a mariner and researcher to identify the clues and point them out for the rest of the world to see.
Nothing surmised or made up, just connecting the dots of over looked and seemingly meaningless actions, misunderstood evidence, and testimony.
Authors and researchers describe Captain Smith as a man admired and respected by subordinates, peers, seniors, and passengers alike. They describe how Captain Smith never raised his voice with subordinates, and yet was always, willingly, and enthusiastically obeyed by juniors. Then they proceed to describe him as outdated and indecisive during the disaster.
There is a reason professional mariners admired, respected, and enthusiastically followed Captain Smith; and this Sunday’s article will reveal those reason’s to you.
- Titanic 12:01 AM 15 April 1912 (joeccombs2nd.com)
- Titanic 12:55 AM 15 April 1912 (joeccombs2nd.com)
- The Ides of March 2012 (joeccombs2nd.com)
- Titanic 9:20 PM 14 April 1912 (joeccombs2nd.com)
- Lawton Posey: Titanic cowards and heroes (wvgazette.com)
- This is for the Person Who Knows Everything About the Titanic … (joeccombs2nd.com)
- Titanic 12:25 AM 15 April 1912 (joeccombs2nd.com)
- R.M.S. TITANIC Centenary (egisvelasco007.wordpress.com)
- How Titanic captain’s steward wrote of fears that doomed liner was cursed just days before it sank (dailymail.co.uk)
- Titanic captain ‘drunk when ship hit iceberg’ (thesun.co.uk)
- Titanic captain ‘drunk when ship hit iceberg’ (nla.thesun.co.uk)