The Hindenburg, while docking at the Lakehurst Naval Air Station, erupted into flames. Of the 36 passengers and 61 crew aboard, 35 people died (plus one ground crew person). This disaster was broadcast live over radio as it happened.
It has been 75 years and the controversies surrounding this disaster continue. My Sunday (12 May 2012) article this week will be on the Hindenburg. Find out more about this amazing air ship, the disaster, and take a look at the plans for this beautiful ship.
click here to read article http://wp.me/P1MLkF-Dz
- The Hindenburg 75 years later: Memories time cannot erase (nj.com)
- LiveLeak.com – Hindenburg Disaster – Stabilized HD (tribuneofthepeople.com)
- Elwood Betts Remembers The Hindenburg (06880danwoog.com)
- From the archive, 8 May 1937: Hindenburg airship disaster leaves 33 dead (guardian.co.uk)
- May 6 1937 Airship Hindenburg explodes in New Jersey (craighill.net)
- Reflecting on Hindenburg disaster 75 years on (thelocal.de)
- Images keep memory of Hindenburg alive (abc.net.au)
- Surviving the Hindenburg Disaster: the Amazing Escape of Werner Franz (surviving-history.blogspot.com)
- Surviving The Hindenburg Disaster | Giles Milton | Surviving History | 01 May 2012 (surviving-history.blogspot.co.uk)
- This Day in History: May 6th (yourfaq.wordpress.com)