With so many news items about the Titanic, I decided to create a page just for this topic. If you find a Titanic news item of interest, let me know, and I will post it here. Also, check the comments at the bottom to see what others have found (Titanic related only), or leave something YOU found.
07 Apr 2012: I found a great site for information on the passengers and crew aboard Titanic and thought you would be interested. Just follow the link http://www.titanic-passengers.com/contactus.htm
05 Apr 2012: Musicians can be heroes but it is not often they can be heroes while entertaining people. This is a program we would like to see. We just got the press release and thought you would like this too.
YESTERDAY is the channel where the past is always present. To learn more about the Yesterday channel go to www.visityesterday.co.uk
YESTERDAY MARKS THE CENTENARY OF THE TITANIC’S SINKING WITH
TITANIC: THE BAND PLAYED ON
An exclusive hour long documentary presented by Suggs
Tuesday 10th April 2012, 9pm
In April 1912 news of the greatest maritime disaster in history sent shock waves around the world. From the moment the ship sank, a series of powerful myths grew up around the Titanic. Perhaps the most potent of all is that of the band standing on deck, bravely playing on until the last lifeboat had left and there was no hope of escape. For the first time, Titanic: The Band Played On tells the story of those unsung heroes who were about to play for the last time.
Web Address: www.visityesterday.co.uk
Where to find Yesterday: Sky channel 537, Virgin TV channel 203 and Freeview channel 12.
28 Mar 2012: This is a good article aboutMargaret “Molly” Brown and the Molly Brown House Museum. Follow the link to read the article. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/26/molly-brown-titanic-survivor_n_1380278.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl14%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D146745
24 Mar 2012: I want to say a few words about this next article before you read it. Children have a better ability to handle many things we adults think they are too young to handle. When we try to protect them from life (and that is what we are doing) they get an unrealistic view of what life is like. This makes for bigger problems when they become teenagers and adults. As a child, I had classmates who died from both accident and illness. I was fortunate, I had adults in my life who took this head-on. They sat down and explain what happened to us, watched our reactions, and gave us a chance to voice our opinions and feelings. We didn’t have teams of specialists brought into the school. We had adults we already knew and trusted, these events brought us closer to those adults and made it easier for us to go to them when we got older and needed someone. Death is a part of life. Bad things happen to good people. Bad things do not always come back to the bad people who started them (though I feel better believing it does, eventually). I believe that if we learn as children life is not fair, we become better adjusted adults. With that said here is an article about teachers and parents trying to shield the “unpleasant parts” of Titanic from kids. Follow the link below to find out more.
15 Mar 2012: Here are two stories about Titanic survivors most people have not heard. Follow the link below and the links within the article to find out more about these remarkable men.
4 Mar 2012: New series about Titanic
29 Feb 2012: Did you want to visit a Titanic museum or exhibit this year, but you can’t because of work or the economy? No problem! You can visit the Online Titanic Museum from the comfort of home.
After a tour of the Online Titanic Museum let’s go to see “Titanic The Exhibition”. You would like to see the artifacts recovered from the Titanic, but the exhibition isn’t touring near where you live? That’s ok it’s on youtube!
Are you going to be in Ireland this year? You don’t want to miss “Titanic Tours Belfast“, the birthplace of the RMS Titanic.
Are you going to be in Denver? Don’t forget the Molly Brown Museum.
28 Feb 2012: Letter mailed from Titanic expected to reach $50,000 at auction. Family would like the letter returned. (click the link to read the whole story).
- That sinking feeling: will Titanic copyright claim go down without a trace? (ipkitten.blogspot.com)
- Titanic: Original Titanic Passenger List from the U.K. National Archives (joeccombs2nd.com)
- Poster for TITANIC 3D arrives (geektyrant.com)
- LOOK: Menu From The Titanic’s Last Lunch Up For Auction (huffingtonpost.com)
- The Titanic’s Final Lunch Menu Is Up for Auction (newsfeed.time.com)
- 100 years after anniversary, Titanic’s tale unsinkable (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- National News: Family’s appeal to help return letter from tragic Titanic officer to his home city of Belfast (Gallery) (coventrytelegraph.net)
- “The Titanic Rescue” and “Emigration” Windows (addergoolefourteen.com)
- Titanic wave of memories, marketing on centennial (sfgate.com)
- The Titanic That Really Won’t Sink (nytimes.com)
- The Titanic is “wonderful”: Letter from ship’s second in command set to fetch £35k at auction (mirror.co.uk)
- Thousands of artefacts from RMS Titanic to be auctioned off in one big lot (telegraph.co.uk)
- Relatives of Titanic officer seek return of letter (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Michael: Can you build me a Cottage? (addergoolefourteen.com)
- Titanic endeavour: Simon Calder previews Belfast’s newest attraction (independent.co.uk)
- New Titanic Miniseries Exactly Like Downton Abbey with Even More Titanic [Downton Abbey] (gawker.com)
- Titanic officer’s letter to be sold (independent.co.uk)
- Titanic dock gets funding boost (bbc.co.uk)
- The Fabulous Fox Theatre and L’Ecole Culinaire Create An Unforgettable Night: An Authentic Grand Recreation of the “Last Dinner on the Titanic” (prweb.com)
- Titanic: Disaster at Sea by Philip Wilkinson (kid-lit-reviews.com)
- FIRST LOOK: ‘Downton Abbey’ Creator’s New Titanic Special (huffingtonpost.com)
- Titanic 100:Belfast’s Colossal Tribute (thesilvervoice.wordpress.com)
- The Titanic Failure, Technical or Leadership Flaws ? (zestnzen.wordpress.com)
- Belfast wagers on Titanic’s unsinkable appeal (sacbee.com)
- Touring the Unsinkable Molly Brown House (jasonstravelsdotcom.wordpress.com)
- Titanic 100: Doctor’s last letter returned to Belfast (thesilvervoice.wordpress.com)
- Titanic Belfast (neatorama.com)
- Titanic letter to return to Belfast (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Titanic survivors and tennis icons Karl Behr and Richard Williams’ incredible story (dailymail.co.uk)
- Letter from surgeon on Titanic returning to Belfast (ctv.ca)
- Titanic and Carpathia Ads in the Washington Post (ghostsofdc.org)
- Groupon Now Offering $12,500 Trip To The Titanic’s Wreckage For True Fans (talkarountown.wordpress.com)
- R.M.S. Titanic Centennial Observance Event (joeccombs2nd.com)
- New Canadian Titanic Stamps (joeccombs2nd.com)
- 100th Anniversary of the Sinking of the Titanic (vintage-everyday.blogspot.com)
- The Ides of March 2012 (joeccombs2nd.com)
- Unseen photos of Titanic, a century later after the catastrophe (yabbedoo.wordpress.com)
- TITANIC – Sinking Starts Sunday (hamiltonhodell.wordpress.com)
5 responses to “R.M.S. Titanic In The News”
Kudos from Greenisland 😉
I think this is among the most important info for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But wanna remark on some general things, The web site style is great, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers
So jealous of your full-time itwring gig. I think I have enough abilities to make moola at itwring, creating, etc. full-time, but I just don’t know how to get from point A (dayjob) to point B (writing full-time). Better sick as a full-time writer than healthy as a full-time lackey! Ha! Please feel better! Chad Thomas Johnston recently posted..
thank you, I appreciate the misc. articles and the comments too.
It makes us all the more aware……..