This Sunday’s article will be from a Southern perspective. Mine. I am a Southerner who has spent 20 years in self-imposed exile. The first thing I learned about living in the north, is that there are plenty of people who treat you like you are stupid as soon as they find out you are a Southerner (not all northerners, just some). It does not matter how smart you are (my IQ is over 160) they still treat you like you are stupid. The first thing I did was work hard on losing the Southern accent (I didn’t know I had one until I moved north). Then I started to pull back on everything my family, neighbors, teachers, and other adults in Palatka, Florida taught me as a child growing up in the South, just so I would “fit in” with northerners.
There is a bible verse that says something to the effect “raise your child right and they will return to it when they are older.”
That is just what Palatka did, and I am returning too it. Of course, “you can take the Southerner out of the South, but you can never take ALL of the South out of the Southerner.” So, I didn’t hide from everything, and it will be easier for me to get back to who I am.
This Sunday’s article will be what that little Southern town taught me about being a man, and what my responsibilities are as man. In other words this Sunday’s article will be about Southern Chivalry.
So, until we meet Sunday, have a chivalrous day.
- Chivalry, Valentine and the end of Summer (lanternpost2012.wordpress.com)
- Chivalry is not dead! (southofmainstreet.com)
- If America Returned to a Modern Code of Chivalry, Could We Avoid Collapse? (canadafreepress.com)
- Chivalry and Torn Banner vs. the money grubbing bastards (destructoid.com)
- Have Modern Feminists Burned The Concept of Chivalry To The Ground? (insolenceandimpertinence.wordpress.com)